This blog is especially for the users who are annoyed due to the large-sized Outlook mailbox which resulting in the reduction of performance of the MS Outlook. An oversized MS Outlook mailbox slows down the system performance and makes it tough to prevent corruption issue in PST file. In this kind of situation, users require a solution to reduce the size of their mailbox ASAP. So, we considered this issue and come up with this blog. Today, we are going to discuss multiple manuals, as well as automated methods that you can use to resolve how to reduce Outlook Mailbox size without deleting issue.
Why is The Over-sized Outlook PST File is an Issue?
An over-sized PST file can harm both MS Outlook as well as user’s data. The large size Of mailbox can cause multiple issues like freezing, hanging, Outlook crashing and even losing all the information. Here, in this section, we are going to mention all the common problems which occur due to the large size PST file:
1. PST File Corruption: An oversized Outlook mailbox can corrupt PST file, which is not a good sign. The MS Outlook archive PST file size must be reduced quickly to prevent the corruption issue.
2. Loss of Data and Information: Data loss is the most disturbing outcome of a large-sized PST file. In most of the cases, the user loses their entire data.
3. Performance Degradation: MS Outlook becomes slower to respond due to the over-large PST data file. We might have to wait for a long time to open a specific file, or in some cases, Outlook might get crashed.
4. Becomes Less Productive: A hanging and slower Microsoft Outlook will provide less output, that will make less productive.
These are some factors which generate the need to reduce MS Outlook mailbox size without deleting.
Benefits of Reducing Outlook Mailbox Size
After reducing the oversized Outlook mailbox, you can have many advantages which are stated below. Have a look:
- It becomes simple for the user to manage Mailbox data.
- You can overcome some problems like hanging and slow performance which occurs due to oversized Outlook mailbox.
- It prevents the corruption issue.
How to Reduce Outlook Mailbox Size Manually?
To reduce PST file size, there are multiple ways to implement this task. Microsoft Outlook has facilitated some inbuilt workarounds by which PST file size can be reduced. Otherwise, you can just select messages and delete them one by one. However, in this section, we are going to explain all the methods sequentially. You just have to follow any of them to resolve this issue: Let’s start:
Workaround 1: Compact Now
This solution is one of the powerful and used most often by the users to reduce PST file size. It a built-in utility in MS Outlook.
For MS Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016
Step 1: Go to the File tab and click on Info.
Step 2: Next, select the Account Settings option and then Account Settings again
Step 3: Choose Data Files option then Settings >> select the desired file >> press Compact Now
Step 4: Here, click on OK to end up the procedure.
For Outlook Versions 2003 and 2007
Step 1: Choose the File tab and then click on a Data File Management option
Step 2: Now, double click on Data File and choose targeted file
Step 3: Here, hit on Settings and choose Compact Now option
Step 4: At last, click on OK to exit.
Workaround 2: Mailbox Clean Up Inbuilt Tool
Using this trick try to clean your heavy Outlook mailbox.
Step 1. Hit on the File tab and opt Info option
Step 2. Then, select Tools and click on Mailbox Cleanup option
Step 3. Here, you can view various option like Empty Deleted Items, Find items larger than, View Mailbox Size, View Conflicts Size, View Deleted Items Size, and Empty conflict. You can any option as you per your need.
Workaround 3: Archive Emails in MS Outlook
Step 1. First, click on the File tab and choose Info>>Tools option >> Clean Up Old Items
Step 2. Now, an “Archive” dialogue box appears on your screen. Here, choose Archive this folder and all subfolders option and select the file & folder to archive.
Step 3. Subsequently, check the Include items with ‘Do not Auto Archive’ option to archive the files that you need to contains in automatic archiving.
Step 4. Finally, click on OK to finish the procedure
An Instant Solution to Split PST File Size Without Any Data Loss
The above-stated manual tricks cannot break large sized PST file. But, do not worry! You can use the “Split PST Tool”. Using this secure software, you can easily reduce Outlook Mailbox size without deleting.
This software has come up with multiple advanced features, so a few of them are discussed below. Have a look:
- Permits to reduce PST file size by date, size, year, folder
- Supports to truncate damaged & corrupted MS Outlook mailbox
- Split Outlook mailbox data i.e., emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc.
Till now, we have discussed the topmost techniques for how to reduce Outlook mailbox size without deleting. But one thing you should keep in mind, i.e., create the backup of Outlook data file. Because prevention is better than cure. Thus, we recommend choosing an automatic solution to reduce Outlook PST file size and diminish issues regarding the safety of your mailbox data.